Room Parent Information
The ability to work with your child’s teacher and have direct interaction in the classroom will be a very rewarding experience. Listed below are the responsibilities that each room parent may have for their particular class. It is imperative to have access to a computer. There will be additional communications from your room parent coordinator that will be done by e-mail in order to reach all room parents.
The room parent is responsible for setting up a group list of each parent’s current e-mail from their particular class so that you will be able to communicate most effectively and timely with your individual class parents. The room parents will be asked periodically to send important classroom announcements. Your St. Thomas room parent coordinator will be available to assist you in your efforts throughout the year.
- Set-up email distribution list for every family in your classroom
- Communicate via e-mail with parents in your classroom on topics specific to your class or grade
- Assist chairpersons with communication on grade specific events
- Arrange grade sponsored breakfast or lunch for teachers one month of the year
- Handle year-end Teacher Gift Collection
- Coordinate classroom projects and special events with class teacher